The Royal Hawaiian Center is gearing up for a summer party and everyone is invited!Join us this Saturday, August 4, from 6 to 9 p.m. in The Royal Grove for Twilight at Helumoa, a concert celebrating the 125th anniversary of Kamehameha Schools.The bronze statue of Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop in the grove reminds us of her foresight and generosity as she established her lasting legacy — Kamehameha Schools — for the education of Hawaiian children. Pauahi completed her will at her home here in Waikīkī, in the legendary coconut grove of Helumoa. The rest is history!Here’s the event schedule:
- 6 p.m. Hālau Mōhala ‘Ilima, a 20-minute performance of hula kahiko — traditional dance
- 6:30 p.m. Lehua Kalima, singer/songwriter and 2012 Nā Hōkū Hanohano Award winner for Island Contemporary Album of the Year
- 7:15 p.m. Waipuna — a Hawaiian/contemporary trio, 2012 Nā Hōkū Hanohano Group of the Year
- 8 p.m. Lilinoe Sterling, Miss Aloha Hula 2012 from the Merrie Monarch Festival
- 8:15 p.m. Kāpala — Award-winning jazz and contemporary — the six-member band led by Zannuck Lindsey
For more event and parking information, visitwww.royalhawaiiancenter.com.