Look for your very own exclusive ʻŌiwiTV reuseable shopping bag at Kealopiko this Merrie Monarch and do your part to mālama ka ʻāina.
Now that plastic shoping bags are no longer available to use, why not use a reuseable one. With just one reusable shopping bag you alone can help eliminate harmful plastic bags that kill 100,000 sea birds as well as 100,000 whales, turtles, seals, and other marine animals each year. So this year as you collect your Merrie Monarch Craft Fair goodies be sure to stop by Kealopiko to pick up your own ʻŌiwiTV reusable bag and shop!
Other plastic bag facts:
- The world consumes between 500 billion and one trillion plastic grocery bags per year.
- It is estimated that it takes 500-1000 years for a single plastic bag to degrade. The number of bags do not decrese as fast as we make them due to the nature of the plastic.
- These materials do not biodegrade but instead photodegrade in to smaller piecs of plastic that float around forever.
- The plastic itself is harmful to all living creatures with chemicals that cause cancer and infertility when plastic chemicals leech out into the water.
- Plastic is comprised of petroleum and natural gas, which are non-renewable resources.
- It currently takes 12 million barrels of oil to produce plastics bags just for the United states alone.
Keeping your exclusive ʻŌiwiTV reuseable shopping bag in your car or in your bag will keep you ready to do your part to malama ka ʻāina.
Uses of the ʻŌiwiTV reusable shopping bag:
Carry your souvenirs and crafts at Merrie Monarch
Carry your beach towels, sunscreen and snacks
Can be use as an extra carry-on to bring home souvenirs from Merrie Monarch